Saturday, January 26, 2013

Gluten-Free and CLEAN Spaghetti and Meat Balls

A lot of people think that having celiac means you can not enjoy food anymore. I am hear to tell you - it ain't true, baby! This is what I made for dinner last night and not only is the recipe completely gluten free, it is also a part of "CLEAN" eating - which basically means foods that are not overly processed and are much healthier for you.

Here is how I eat!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not miss out :)


I start with the meatballs. These are baked in the oven and are completely gluten free and very low carb. I like to keep my carbs low too to keep somewhat of a figure. Plus it's good for you not to over-ingest a bunch of yucky, sugary carbs.

LOW-CARB, GLUTEN FREE MEATBALLS:
1lb/roll of extra lean ground beef
1 egg
1/4 cup shredded cheddar (non-waxed)
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1/2 packet dry onion soup mix
freshly chopped garlic
salt and pepper to taste

In a mixing bowl combine all of the above ingredients. I kneed it with my hands to make sure it is well mixed. Shape into 1" balls or whatever size you want them and bake at 400 degrees for about 25/30 minutes.

SPAGHETTI NOODLES:
While those are cooking I boil the pasta. YES, PASTA!!! I buy Hodgson Mill's Gluten Free Rice noodles. They are about $2.49 a box at Kroger. TWO INGREDIENTS in these bad boys! Rice and flax seed. You could not get healthier than that. You should eat these even if you are not on a gluten-free diet. They taste like regular noodles - I promise you. You can slap me if you don't think so.

SPAGHETTI SAUCE:
I buy Ragu brand, Light sugar-free. The ingredients are all natural. No preservatives and junk in there. If you read the label you can pronounce all of the ingredients and therefore this is a "clean" sauce. I warmed it up in the microwave and served it over top of the noodles.

Pair this meal with half of a freshly cut avocado and you've got yourself a seriously healthy, gluten-free meal.

ENJOY, love bugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment