Monday, January 28, 2013

Homemade Guilt Free Chicken Noodle Soup

I love eating soups because they are easy to make, filling, and very low on the calories as long as you are not loading them down with milk and creams and flour.



Ingredients:
2 boxes chicken broth (low sodium)
bag of frozen or fresh carrots and celery
3 chicken breasts
1 box Hodgson Mills GF penne pasta

*You can use regular pasta too - but tisk tisk! - it's bad for you and not gluten free. I LOVE the Hodgson Mill brand gluten free noodles because they are also CLEAN (meaning not overly processed and NO chemicals). There are only TWO healthy ingredients in these noodles: rice and flax seed. Doesn't get healthier than that.

Chicken noodle soup is one of our favorites :) I start with low sodium chicken broth. Pour them into your soup pan and heat to medium. Add the frozen or fresh veggies and cover so that the veggies can soften by steaming in the broth. Next I actually skillet fry/grill my chicken in some extra virgin olive oil because the carmalized chicken taste is awesome in the soup and not so bland. You can see in the photo above. Once the veggies are soft in the broth, add the box of GF noodles and they will cook in the broth and soften in about 15 minutes. Then just add your chicken and serve! This fed me and my husband and son and we had enough left over for my husband to take to work for lunch the next day.

Enjoy - this one is a great recipe cutie-pies!!


No comments:

Post a Comment