Monday, August 23, 2010

Common Fonts That Are SERIOUSLY Overused!

A lot of people nowadays are creating their own things that require font usage. Such as business cards, letterhead, note cards, fliers, and even their own invitations and postcards. Sure, I'd much rather you come to me and get professional designs :) BUT for those of you who are tryint to save every dollar, PLEASE take a look at the rest of what I have to say here regarding your usage of fonts.

It is CRITICAL that you are designing your own things to stand out among a crowd of many. Therefore, your fonts might be the most important part. I deal with fonts every day, and have most of them memorized to the point that I will be at a restaurant searching a menu, driving down the road looking at signs and billboards, and even looking through books and magazines, and I can easily say, "Oh that's Mona Lisa Bold font...I can't believe they used that, it's soooo overused!!!" To which my husband will say, "Ummm, ooook?" But to me, it's so obvious!

So, to help you out, I've decided to upload some of the most commonly overused fonts that I am tired of seeing. These are so overused that they are starting to become recognized in commercials and movies too. Please do not use these fonts for your logos, signs and publications! They are just so not original:

Now that you've learned what NOT to use, I am going to show you some cool new fonts to use that I am LOVING. Please keep in mind that most of these fonts are NOT, I repeat NOT good for entire lengths of information, such as paragraphs. But, they are great for logos, titles, and grabbing attention. These fonts have a lot of spunk and personality and I just LOVE them:
I hope that helped a little and was not useless! I know I have a lot of clients who will appreciate this :)

Thanks for reading!
Teshia

1 comment:

  1. Teshia,

    Although you're designing my business package :), This is great information for my business... Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete