Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dinner's Ready!

Just got finished eating dinner. As you all know, I'm trying to count calories. With my height (5'1" - seriously, I'm VERY short) I'm trying to eat around 1,000 calories per day. Today, I only had 2 meals because of my husband's schedule. So, I woke up and made us a big "brunch" of ham omelets and french toast. So yummy!! A total of about 600 calories, though, which I RARELY do.

*TIP: It's the best idea to try to keep your meals to 300 calories or less, and eat more frequent meals throughout the day, or make sure to snack in-between meals.

For dinner, I char-broiled a flat-iron steak on the grill. Marinated in worcestershire sauce and Montreal steak seasoning (<---highly recommended!!!), I first like to turn the grill on high and blacken both sides for a few minutes. This starts the cooking process and also holds in all of the juices. Then, turn the grill down on low and cook it on each side for about 15-20 minutes with the lid CLOSED - and don't open it! Makes it cook better in the high heat.

As a side, I wrap whole mushrooms up in tenfoil, add some no fat, no calorie Parkay spray butter (<---highly recommended!!!!) and stick it right on the grill with the steak. Do this with onions and peppers too and the steamed, grilled taste carmelizes the veggies and they're simply sooo delish! Had a side salad as well.

Anyways, dinner total of 500 calories. That puts me at 1,100 for the day so far.

Now for my exercising, I've been changing up my workouts every evening, between treadmill one night, then yoga another, then eliptical and bike...but this week I'm starting to try something diff. I'm walking this whole week, just walking. Then next week, just eleptical, next week, just yoga. I just want to see how my body reacts to the different workouts. If I lose more weight my yoga week for instance, then I know it has the most impact! But for tonight, 5 mile walk it is! I do a starter lap at 3.0, then the rest of the first mile at 3.5, then I go as high as 3.7-3.8 to finish off the 20 laps.

*TIP: Here's another interesting tip that I came across. Did you know that it's not how FAST you walk the 5 miles, but how LONG you walk? Think about it - you burn the same amount of calories whether you walk it in 2 hours or run it in 1 hour. But getting your body working for 2 hours actually has been proven to have more of an impact on stimulating the muscles.

Also, below is the Yoga tape that I do all of the time and I absolutely LOOOOOOVE it!

Thanks for reading...

Teshia

No comments:

Post a Comment